As we get settled into the new year, now is the perfect time to check in with clients about their New Year’s resolutions. Many have chosen resolutions with the goal of mental clarity, stillness, and anxiety reduction. Journalling is an amazing way to encourage clients to get their thoughts onto a page rather than ruminating.
However, most clients who want to journal struggle with where to start. That’s why journal prompts are a fantastic catalyst to get clients to self-reflect, to get in a growth mindset, and to examine the habits needed to get them there. We’ve laid out 12 habits to share with your clients to get them in the right headspace for the remainder of 2022.
Journal prompts for self-reflection:
- What’s a self-limiting belief that’s holding me back?
- What’s one thing I can do when I’m feeling stressed?
- My mantra for 2022 is…
- When do I feel most energized? How can I make more time for that in my life?
Journal prompts for growth:
- What’s one goal I want to accomplish this year?
- One thing I’m looking forward to this year is…
- What’s one thing I want less of?
- A new experience I want to have this year is…
Journal prompts for better habits:
- Are my current routines getting me closer to my goals? If not, what needs to change?
- What’s my one everyday non-negotiable?
- What’s one small thing I can do every day to make myself smile?
- What are three of my bad habits? How can I move towards bettering them?
Keep them on the right track
As some clients get comfortable journaling, many may begin to see it as a self-care tool — reaching for their journal in times of stress. This is a positive habit to be encouraged. For other clients, there can be a huge benefit to journaling if only they were able to keep up with the habit. These clients require extra check-ins and encouragement as they get acquainted with writing.
No matter what kind of client you’re working with, a digital homework app like Therachat keeps clients engaged with their goals between sessions for higher compliance. With daily reminders, emotion tracking, and in-app journal entries, it’s a powerful way for clients to engage with their homework in a way that’s familiar and comfortable — all on their own personal device. Hear from counsellors like you.
Help Your Clients Journal & Reduce Their Distress
Therachat empowers mental health professionals to engage therapy clients in between sessions.
61% of clients using Therachat reduce their distress within 4 weeks, thanks to the journaling activities
Easily Engage Therapy Clients Between Sessions
Therachat empowers you to engage your therapy clients in between sessions without taking up all your time or violating boundaries.
Therachat increases homework compliance with 80%
What if your clients did their homework?
Therachat empowers psychologists and counselors to help their clients finish their homework. Using Therachat increases homework compliance with 80%.
More Journaling Prompts, Worksheets And Activities
Therachat offers pre-made activities for psychologists and counselors to engage their clients in between sessions and achieve better outcomes.