Counselling clients are often searching for principles to guide them during their mental health journey — particularly if they’re new in the process. For many clients, quotes offer stability and groundedness during a turbulent time. We’ve listed 15 mental wellness quotes to share with your counselling clients. Encourage them to pick a few favourites, and display them somewhere they’ll see them frequently — maybe it’s on their bathroom mirror, on their desk, or in the car. These quotes serve as a reminder of resilience and strength, encouraging your clients to keep going.
Inspiring mental wellness quotes
- “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” — Pema Chodron
- “The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” — John C. Maxwell
- “The best thing one can do when it is raining, is to let it rain.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Many of us feel stress and get overwhelmed not because we’re taking on too much, but because we’re taking on too little of what really strengthens us.” — Marcus Buckingham
- “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne W. Dyer
- “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
- “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
- “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.” — Albert Clarke
- “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” — Mitch Albom
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us.” —Nicole Reed
- “Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy in the moment.” —J. Donald Walters
- Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it. — Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Actually spending ten minutes clearing off one shelf is better than fantasizing about spending a weekend cleaning out the basement.” —Gretchen Rubin
- “For us, there is only the trying. The rest is not our business.” —T.S. Eliot
Easily check in with your clients
Checking in with your clients can dramatically increase counselling outcomes. It can be as simple as sending them a weekly quote, or a kind message. Therachat allows you to securely message your clients and send them homework through an easy to use HIPAA-compliant app. Save time with our pre-made activities like emotion tracking and open journaling, or fully customize activities to fit your client’s unique needs. Ready to modernize your practice? Learn more about Therachat for clinicians.
Help Your Clients Journal & Reduce Their Distress
Therachat empowers mental health professionals to engage therapy clients in between sessions.
61% of clients using Therachat reduce their distress within 4 weeks, thanks to the journaling activities
Easily Engage Therapy Clients Between Sessions
Therachat empowers you to engage your therapy clients in between sessions without taking up all your time or violating boundaries.
Therachat increases homework compliance with 80%
Get More Out Of Each Therapy Session
With Therachat, you know before a session start what to address and which skills to focus on. 7 Day Free Trial!
More mental health news in your mailbox?
HIPAA-compliant Texting with Therapy Clients
With Therachat you can text and chat message unlimited with all your clients. A robust notification system will let you and your clients know when you have a new message And you can easily export all messages into your EHR. 7-Day Free Trial – Learn More!
What if your clients did their homework?
Therachat empowers psychologists and counselors to help their clients finish their homework. Using Therachat increases homework compliance with 80%.
More Journaling Prompts, Worksheets And Activities
Therachat offers pre-made activities for psychologists and counselors to engage their clients in between sessions and achieve better outcomes.
Leave a Reply